Version 126.96.36.199 10 October 2022
- Improved the extension spring printout to add more details about end loops.
- Fixed UI issues when the validation window is closed before starting a new design, and closing the print window could cause a crash under certain conditions.
- Fixed bug where conical spring PDF export missed the solid stress information (printout was fine).
- Fixed a bug in 2.4 release where some old torsion spring designs did not load in correctly.
- Improved the list of available export variables for torsion and compression springs.
Version 188.8.131.52 10 May 2022
- First official release with disc/spiral spring types.
- Fixed issues with saving certain optimisation inputs.
- Fixed bug where compression/extension printout could show rate tolerance where not applicable.
- Fixed bug where buckling height shown in red where the spring is safe (length values were correct).
Version 184.108.40.206 15 March 2022
- Allow user defined density for compression spring materials.
- Minor bug-fixes to beta disc and spiral spring types.
Version 220.127.116.11 21 December 2021
- Fixed some data entry bugs for torsion springs.
Version 18.104.22.168 17 November 2021
- Fixed a bug where graphs did not appear correctly in printouts immediately after loading a design.
- Spring drawing window fix on high DPI displays.
- Fixed an issue with saving certain relaxation options.
Version 22.214.171.124 11 October 2021
- Switching to Upper Tensile didn’t always work if language other than English.
- Changing language after initial setup restored to menus.
- Rectangular wire spring drawing improved.
Version 126.96.36.199 11 October 2021
- Disc and spiral (spiral torsion and clock/power) spring types added.
- Export model functionality greatly improved with STP/IGES formats.
- Material sort order re-introduced
- Added buttons to re-order the design databases from within Options.
- Compression/rectangular clarify buckling lengths on printouts.
- Compression spring nomenclature/labels update to reflect chosen design standard.
- Non-standard has new print template for rate/length graph.
- Certain spring types could have errors saving with custom unit sets.
Version 188.8.131.52 2 September 2021
- Added partial angle as an operating position input for torsion springs.
- Fixed some issues with angle and frequency units in custom unit sets.
- Fixed some angle issues with torsion spring animations and exports.
- Improvements to tab ordering on validation window.
Version 184.108.40.206 11 June 2021
- Memory usage dramatically improved – previously could cause problems if the design was changed while the print preview was visible.
Version 220.127.116.11 18 May 2021
- Fixed force units in optimisation output grid.
- Fixed crash with non-standard spring in the visual editor with missing pitch data.
- Torsion spring coil diameter label could be wrong after loading back a design.
- Minor fixes to trial licensing messages.
- Improved the spring drawing image export options.
Version 18.104.22.168 25 February 2021
- Extension springs could fail to save design details on update (note: bug introduced in previous version)
- Notification and logging of failed saves introduced.
- Torsion spring angles on drawing show zero rather than blank where appropriate.
- Operating data for all spring types shows zero rather than blank (e.g. for deflection and load if length is set to free length for a compression spring).
Version 22.214.171.124 17 February 2021
- Saving of torsion spring could fail to load back in.
- Torsion spring calculations wrong for inside diameter at deflected position for rectangular (non-square) wire.
Version 126.96.36.199 10 February 2021
- Addition of ISO 6931-1 stainless steel.
- Bug fixed when animating torsion/extension springs with no operating positions defined.
- Extension spring loop diameter added to printouts.
- Compression spring drawing of end types under certain conditions could be wrong.
- Torsion spring specified torque tolerances not always showing.
- Changing material could clear the Goodman diagram and not repopulate it.
- Design management failed moving non-standard springs.
- Minor fixes to torsion and conical spring drawings.
Version 188.8.131.52 20 October 2020
- Internal debug release.
Version 184.108.40.206 19 October 2020
- Torsion spring bug loading in old designs fixed.
- Torsion spring drawing shows angles correction in both coiling directions.
- Torsion spring PDF output of “spring only” printed three springs.
- Torsion spring number of coils shown to 3 decimal places to improve accuracy of free angle.
- Design details section made neater on all printouts.
- Relaxation printout shows which position used.
- Two bugs fixed that were introduced in v220.127.116.11 (fatigue diagram crashing with no operating positions entered, and changing the material type filter in the conical spring type).
Version 18.104.22.168 6 October 2020
- Roll-up of all previous fixes into new public release.
Version 22.214.171.124 6 October 2020
- German translations added.
- G and E modulus values can be edited.
- Allow direct selection of material grade on the material selection popup window.
- Extension spring fatigue diagrams for body/loop selectable both on screen and on printout.
- More information included on all fatigue diagram printouts.
- Design name and location popup appears when saving design rather than on startup.
- Spring rate included in non-standard load/length window.
- Production drawing defaults to “use selected tolerance” and allows you to choose a tolerance grade directly.
- Text sizing and positioning improved on all spring drawings.
- Compression spring optimisation minor issues fixed.
- Minor issues with stress data grid on rectangular wire spring PDF.
- Wire diameter tolerance corrected for ASTM materials.
- Design name included on window.
- Fixed bug that meant user was unable to enter a deflection in the third operating position when two were used to define the spring.
- Added minimum length warning to Goodman diagram.
- Added second torsion spring drawing print page to show just a single spring.
Version 126.96.36.199 23 July 2020
- Fixed crash with conical springs when changing to “3 parameters plus free length plus 1 load/length”.
- Included notification when a conical spring operating position defining the spring isn’t in the linear range.
- Fixed bug where compression springs didn’t calculate using operating positions if the load value was very small.
- Torsion spring stress grid used the wrong colours if a Specified tensile was used.
- Fixed coil gap and body length calculations for rectangular wire torsion springs.
Version 188.8.131.52 9 July 2020
- Fix to printout errors (only introduced in v184.108.40.206).
- Fixed error that showed unground springs as buckling stable.
- Production drawing screen improved to make it easier to see and use the Additional Information box.
Version 220.127.116.11 6 July 2020
- Angles labels added to torsion spring drawing
- DIN 2096 hot coil tolerance calculations corrected
- Compression printout improved to show all coil diameters
- Improvement to stress data grid on printouts (positioning of Specified stress values)
- Ounces added as an available load unit
- Design name wraps properly to fit within box on printout
- Incorrect spring index warning on conical spring calculated data fixed.
Version 18.104.22.168 3 June 2020
- Production drawing “minimum length” value takes account of application type.
- EN stainless steel did not have tensile strength below 0.2 mm wire diameter.
- Extension spring calculated data clarified to show correct label for max deflection, and max working length added as an optional variable.
Version 22.214.171.124 24 May 2020
- Upper tensile strength of EN 10089 grades of hot coil material adjusted to match the standard.
Version 126.96.36.199 18 May 2020
- Compression optimisation defaults to last grade of material when opening.
Version 188.8.131.52 30 April 2020
- Fixed extension spring body length error, if entered in non-metric units.
- Various extension spring drawing improvements (mainly text size).
- Load/length graph improvements: scaling/fitting of rate graph, and rate value included in operating data table.
- Conical load/length graph works properly in non-metric units.
Version 184.108.40.206 20 April 2020
- Drawing bug fixed on compression spring with open and ground ends.
- Torsion spring helix angle calculation fixed.
- Compression spring printout template for spring drawing improved – now includes labels and also the spring in both free and solid positions.
- Torsion spring drawing shows coil gap in free position.
- Bug fixed where cancelling the “save as new design” window still saved.
Version 220.127.116.11 9 April 2020
- Torsion spring shows coil gap at both free and operating positions (for open-coiled springs).
- Various warnings added to torsion, rectangular and conical spring types.
- Option added for extension springs to show both body and loop stress Goodman diagrams at the same time.
- Drawing added to extension spring production drawing.
- Conical spring should work properly with different design input modes.
- Correct date/time shown on printouts (under “design saved”)
Version 18.104.22.168 3 April 2020
- Several improvements/fixes regarding specified tolerances for torsion springs.
- Layout of Goodman diagram on printouts improved to make notes easier to read.
- Operating positions used for Goodman diagram included on printout.
- “Save as new design” now works properly for all spring types.
- Print button brings print preview window to front when already open.
- Coding changes made that should improve performance when updating output windows.
Version 22.214.171.124 1 April 2020
- Torsion spring max free coil gap variable name clarified, and actual free coil gap calculation added.
- Fix for crashing on some computers when saving PDF pages with graphics in.
Version 126.96.36.199 1 April 2020
- All inputs saved with design for compression spring optimisation.
- Other small improvements to compression spring optimisation.
- Rectangular wire compression spring type added.
- Conical compression spring type added.
- New “Export Data” option for non-standard compression.
Version 188.8.131.52 11 March 2020
- Selected positions indicated on Goodman diagram printout.
Version 184.108.40.206 23 March 2020
- Both corrected and uncorrected stresses added to calculated data printouts.
- Licensing libraries updated – fixes bugs seen occasionally with software not releasing a floating licence lease.
Version 220.127.116.11 18 March 2020
- Company logo included on production drawing.
- Layout of torsion spring printout/PDF improved.
- Minor bugfixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 17 March 2020
- Font sizing and layout improved on high-dpi screens
Version 22.214.171.124 11 March 2020
- Compression spring optimisation notifies properly of failed solutions.
- Compression spring optimisation constraints colour coded for meet/violate.
- Fatigue life factor added to compression spring optimisation.
- Relaxation calculation results over 20% result in “excessive relaxation” message as in previous versions.
- Bug fixed where the input dimensions in the Calculated Data grid keep their old values after Reset clicked.
- Torsion spring drawing: axial legs shown correctly.
- Switching lower/upper tensile didn’t take effect on all output windows – fixed.
- Torsion spring drawing: open coiled springs had legs coming off the body at the wrong angle – fixed.
- About screen shows more licensing information.
- Error message that sometimes came up when first saving floating licence server details has been fixed.
- Two outputs for the non-standard spring type (stress distribution graph and stress colours on the drawing) should now work properly with non-metric units.
- Load/length graph window now updates material name correctly.
- Non-standard visual editor prompts to save changes when window closed by top-right button.
Version 126.96.36.199 4 Feb 2020
- Compression spring end type and tip thickness details added to printout.
- Compression spring drawing printout includes coil diameter and free length tolerances.
- JIS G 3522 SWP-B fatigue data added.
- Conical and rectangular wire compression types added for beta testers.
- Bug fixed where saving extension spring tolerances to PDF file crashed.
- Import process added to Help.
Version 188.8.131.52 21 Jan 2020
- Torsion spring rate calculation bug fixed. Only affected releases since 184.108.40.206.
Version 220.127.116.11 9 Jan 2020
- Compression spring warnings added to calculated data grid.
- Extension spring: pressing enter with no value entered in the initial tension field cleared the design.
Version 18.104.22.168 8 Jan 2020
- Non-standard type enabled in trial.
Version 22.214.171.124 8 Jan 2020
- Non-standard compression spring type added.
- Special Considerations window added to compression spring type.
- Dynamic relaxation calculation fixed.
- Various small fixes with display of outputs in different units.
- Various fixes to the torsion spring type (many around the correct saving of designs).
- Various cosmetic fixes to printouts and PDF exports.
- Torsion spring modulus changes with temperature [NOTE, this gives an INCORRECT rate calculation, fixed in 2.1.1]
Non-Standard beta changes
- Can now import designs from SCP v1.
- Can now export 3D model.
- Beta testers who did not already have the non-standard spring type in SCP v1 were unable to load back in saved designs.
- Various PDF export options were missing (or crashed) that worked when printing directly to printer; all should be fixed now.
- Design Management window (on the Tools menu) should work properly with non-standard springs now.
- Various niggles with the spring drawing using Imperial (English) units fixed.
- Animation window shows current length/angle as the slider is dragged.
- Searching of material selection window should now be fixed.
- ASTM A313 631 17/7 fatigue data added.
Non-Standard beta changes
- Print pages should be more or less finalised now.
- Stress distribution graph always showed uncorrected stress, regardless of design standard chosen.
- Lateral Characteristics table showing on PDF export
- Stress grid on PDF export could get the operating position header colours wrong.
- Specified tensile was not always being saved/loaded correctly.
- Additional 2 lines available for company information (also appears on all printout pages).
- Long material names were overwriting other text on printout (both calculated data and production drawing pages).
- Date field added to all printout pages.
- Extension spring available deflection added to available Calculated Data fields, and included on printout.
- Extension spring displayed free length text but with body length value on the animation drop down.
- Compression spring tolerance printout only shows diametral space diagram when rod or bore diameter is specified.
- Diametral diagram was showing on printouts but not on PDF exports.
- Material popup window crashed (only in recent versions) when searching by material name.
- Printouts now show specified coil diameter (outside, inside or mean) rather than always outside diameter.
- Lateral characteristics bugfixes: entering a value and clicking elsewhere caused a crash, and free length lateral deflection wasn’t being saved.
- Exporting PDF and overwriting an existing file that was open caused a confusing error message.
Non-Standard beta changes
- Progress bar shown when creating animation (useful for stress animation which takes a few seconds to start).
- Various outputs (e.g. load/length graph) no longer show when there is spring interference.
- Added button to the Visual Editor to allow easy adjustment of spring to meet specified free length.
- Animation window allows animation to start from working length (not just from free length).
- Animation no longer glitches when it reaches solid length.
- Upper/lower tensile options work properly.
- Rate at each operating position now works in current units (previously, only showed metric value).
- Specified tensile changes its units properly.
- End tip on drawing lines up correctly.
- Changing the drawing type (from normal to active/inactive to stress levels) works.
- Can enter a blank value to clear the input for wire or coil diameter.
- Coiling direction dropdown on the drawing window affects the spring drawing.
- Extension spring initial tension warning when too high (following EN 13906-2 rules).
- Exporting design with no template selected no longer crashes.
- Tab order adjusted on the “new spring design” window.