Coverage of heat treatment in the ASM Handbook series is being expanded, and ASM Handbook, Volume 4A, Steel Heat Treating Fundamentals and Processes is the first of a number of volumes focusing on various aspects of heat treatment. Volume 4A introduces the basics of steel heat treatment and provides in-depth coverage of the many steel heat treatment processes. Topics covered include:
· Physical metallurgy of steel heat treatment
· Fundamentals of steel hardness and hardenability
· Practical aspects of hardenability as a key criterion in the selection of steel
· Hardenability calculations and the use of hardenability data
· Fundamentals and practical aspects of steel quenching
· Expanded coverage on quenching processes
· Updates and expansion on annealing, tempering, austempering and martempering
· New articles on cleaning, subcritical annealing, austenitising, and quench partitioning of steel heat treatment
· Significant expansion on the fundamental and applied aspects of surface hardening by applied energy, carburizing, carbonitriding, nitriding, and diffusion coatings
The editors and authors of the book have also added charts, examples, and practical reference data for application purposes to the 50 articles included in the volume.
ASM Handbook, Volume 4A, Steel Heat Treating Fundamentals and Processes, ISBN 978-1-62708-011-8, costs $289.00, and copies can be ordered from ASM International, ASM World Headquarters, 9639 Kinsman Road, Materials Park, OH 44073-0002, USA. Tel: 1 440 338 5151, E-Mail: email@example.com, Web: www.asminternational.org. Discounts are available to ASM Members.